Sunday, February 9, 2014

Seeking Contentment

Today I began by rebelling against everything.
The snow, the Snow Monster, the cold...


I think I should have done this a long time ago.
Because the Snow Monster stayed away.
Its big brother came out...


...but I didn't mind that as much.

I considered actually going outside today,
but do you see that mound of freezing cold wet snow?


Instead I reverted back to curling up on Mom's lap.


Now I'll give you a moment to admire my cuteness.



I look so content.


Mom, of course got up eventually and left me
 to wander aimlessly on the floor.
I waited and waited until she sat down again.

Then, the second she sat down and put her legs up,
I jumped on her lap and curled up again.


I tried to stay here as long as possible.


I was determined not to move again.


I was completely content...


Well, actually, I don't really know what it
means to be completely content.


Mom, however, moved again.
When she did sit down, she leaned forward.
I think she was deliberately keeping her lap from me.

So I waited...


Then I moved in closer.
And waited...


Then I finally gave up and curled up next to Daddy.


You didn't expect me to be content, did you?




No comments:

Post a Comment