Saturday, August 30, 2014

Sullen

Yesterday Mom's family members left.
Things returned to normal.
We went to get the mail and visit the Nice Ladies.
We spent time out on the patio.

And yet, I was not back to normal.


I was moody; sullen even.


Mom hung out with Computer Aunt.
Daddy came home.

I played with Mom for a little bit, but had difficulty
keeping interested in the string.

Auntie came over and eventually Uncle too.

At some point I pined for my nighttime recon.


I sat in my Box of Rebellion.


I investigated the scents of Mom's nieces
that remained on the blankets.


Ultimately, however, I couldn't shake my mood 
and returned to the back of the couch.


Then, for the second time in my life, I curled up 
in my cat bed on the couch.


To make matters more unbelievable,
when Mom offered to take me for a nighttime recon...

...I declined and remained in my cat bed.





No comments:

Post a Comment