Sunday, October 26, 2014

Blustery Boredom

Yesterday was blustery.
Very blustery.


I hate the wind.
I was in no mood to get out of bed...


...so I didn't.

Mom even said that Nice Lady 2 told her
a tree had been blown down on the property.

A TREE!
Not a small one either!
A big tall aspen!
Taller than Angel's house.
(Well, what used to be Angel's house.)

Then, as if wind wasn't bad enough,
it started to rain.


I was beside myself with melancholy.


Mom and Daddy went out of the house a couple of times,
but all I could think about was this:


I eventually got out of bed and snuggled with Mom
on the couch.

At some point it occurred to me that I had done nothing.


NOTHING!

It's time like this when it's difficult 
to get excited about my upcoming birthday.


No comments:

Post a Comment