Friday, April 24, 2015

Cutbacks

Thursday the yard monsters were out.
When things finally quieted down and
I was able to go outside, I saw what they had done.


All the dead dry bits from my tasty plant had been cut away.
Unfortunately, some of the few green bits that were in easy
reach had also been cut away.
I managed to reach one somewhat tasty piece.


Then I went back to my patio and ate a bit of 
the plant that grows closer to home.


It wasn't long, however, before I returned to scrounge 
for the remaining juicy bits of my favorite tasty plant.


I guess I'll just have to wait for springtime to have
its full effect on the plant.
I'm not really a very patient cat, though.


So, reluctantly, I returned to my patio.
After all, not only had the tasty plant been shorn away,
but the weather was a bit cold and windy.


I did try to make the most of my time outdoors
despite the unpleasantries.


When I finally gave up, Mom was kind enough
to spend some time with me indoors.
To my dismay, however, she did not let me
return to the outdoors once night fell.
So I retreated to my Alternate Box of Rebellion
for a good sulk.


It may look like I'm just napping up there,
but the fact that my ears are back should tell you
that I was indeed sulking.


I tried my best to ignore Mom and Daddy.
Even when they called sweetly to me.


It wasn't until later that I finally gave in and 
snuggled next to Mom on the couch.


The best I can do is dream about the coming summer.

>^.^<


No comments:

Post a Comment