Saturday, April 18, 2015

Get Used to Disappointment

The past few days have not gone my way.

Wednesday was so uneventful it's not even 
worth mentioning.

Thursday I went to visit Nice Lady 1.


Note the picture of me in the background.


Yeah, I'm well loved.


Although I like Nice Lady 1, my attention quickly
turned towards the door home.


I got to enjoy some outside time.
Earlier, however, the leaf blower had made an appearance.
That made me a bit reluctant to enjoy myself.
So I waited for Mom to go first.


I had to check my surroundings before I felt
safe enough to enjoy a good roll on the sidewalk.


I kept it brief.


With my sense of insecurity ruffled,
I spent the rest of my day indoors.
I must admit, I was not only disappointed in the humans
around me, but myself as well.


Then Friday came.
Along with it, more yard monsters.
So I began my day in the only sensible place I could...
...underneath the bed.


Fortunately, the monsters went away in time for me to
enjoy the beautiful spring weather.


I tried to enjoy the tasty plant, but just couldn't 
shake the feeling that something was going to scare me.


So I returned to the security of the building
known as home.


That's when I caught sight of something I wanted.
It was wayyyy down by the trash enclosure.


A bird.


It had my complete attention.
So, when Mom was busy taking a picture of it,
I crept closer.


I couldn't take my eyes off it.


That explains why I got caught by Mom.
She scooped me up and carried me back to the patio.


I still couldn't take my eyes off it.

I wanted to stay out there for hours,
but, as you may recall, 
things were not going my way.
Mom said that she wasn't feeling up to it.
Whatever, human!
Is there really a such thing as not feeling up
to enjoying a nice spring day?

So I remained bored for the rest of the day.

Eventually I would settle onto Mom's lap for a good nap,


but even that would be taken from me.

That's okay, I found a new spot between
the sofa and the end table to sulk.


Yeah, that's me in there.

>^.^<



No comments:

Post a Comment