Sunday, May 17, 2015

Never a Good Sign

The past couple of days I tried to
get back into my usual groove.
I was able to spend a little time outside
stalking the neighborhood birds.


Unfortunately, the weather was still less than cooperative.


Thursday, I found myself frequently alone in the house.
In my loneliness, I turned to Mimzy for comfort.


At least Mom added a "parking garage" to my box hotel.


So that was nice.

However, I was unable to go on any nighttime walks.


Then, on Friday, I discovered that Daddy had packed a suitcase.
A SUITCASE.


Well, that's never a good sign!

Then, in the predawn hours,
Uncle came over and we all got into his car.


I thought we were going to go for a long road trip.
I mean, the last time we left before dawn we drove 
all the way to Colorado.
So, it was perfectly reasonable that I voiced my
dismay the entire way there.
Well, as it turns out, "there" wasn't Colorado.
"There", was the airport where we said 'goodbye' to Daddy.

Mom and Uncle assured me that he would return,
just not for awhile.

Well, after that, I was quiet and a bit sullen.
At least the sun was rising.


As we passed by familiar landmarks,
I could tell we were on our way home.


I was overjoyed to know that at least SOME
things wouldn't be changing.


I must admit, however, that Caturday was awfully 
quiet without Daddy around.
So I did what any cat would do.
I picked a spot on the couch and slept for the 
rest of the day.


I hope Daddy's not gone too long.
After all,
I do like my humans to be where they're supposed to be.

Until he returns, however, maybe I'll get
some undivided attention from Mom.

>^.^<


No comments:

Post a Comment