Saturday, August 8, 2015

Daytime Recon

As summer rolls on I continue to take up my daily
post on the sidewalk by the clubhouse door.


From there I can keep a close eye on all the windows
where the neighbor cats live.


I've also continued my daily chomp on the tasty plant.


Every Thursday, as promised, Quiet Girl has been visiting.


I've also continued to receive the appropriate attention from Mom.


One issue, however.
She's been talking about those horrible grooming things.
That is to say that she's been saying things like, 
"I need to trim those claws", and "you really need a good brushing!"
Well, I may have to agree on that last one.
As it turns out, I recently coughed up the second hairball of my entire life.
The problem is that I HATE being brushed.
I just need to figure out which I hate worse:
being brushed or coughing up hairballs.
The truth is, even though it's awful, the coughing up of hairballs is over quickly.
Brushing, on the other paw, seems to go on FOR-E-VER!

The other problem with this summer has been the distinct lack
of nighttime recons.
Now, those of you who have read my blog for awhile know just how
much I love my nighttime recons!
I have a theory on why Mom has been failing me in that particular department.
You see, she was put in charge of closing the pool at night.
You must understand what kind of human I'm dealing with.
She LOVES the water.
It makes no sense to me whatsoever!
So, when I say 'she closes the pool at night', understand that it usually
involves her jumping in to extract the pool toys.
Well, then she has to change out of her wet things.
So which dry clothes does she put on?
Her pajamas.
That's right.
And, apparently, humans don't like to go outside at night in their pajamas.
You see my problem.

So, yesterday I agreed to go for a daytime recon.
You read that right.
Daytime recon.
Of course, we couldn't do it my way.
We had to do it the human way.
In the golf cart:


I think I'm getting used to it.
Fear not.  I was strapped in and riding on Mom's lap.
Also, that's Nice Lady 2 driving,  New Nice Lady 1 was 
riding in the back while I got to ride shotgun.

When we were done with the recon, I casually reclined on
the cool dining room floor while Mom returned to the office.


Eventually Mom returned and I ventured out to talk to Felix for a bit.


 Then I checked on the progress of the catnip growing on the patio...


...and checked for bugs.
Hopefully moths...those are tasty.


At the beginning of the summer, Mom found a tea kettle
in the river, (you read that right).
So she started using it for a watering can.
She often leaves a bit of water in it for me to find.


It's tasty.

After all that, I reclined on the patio for a bit.


Then I checked the neighborhood to the left...


...and then the right.


I ventured out to my sidewalk spot and discovered
I have a new upstairs neighbor.


Apparently his name is Tucker.
I hope he'll start coming out onto the balcony like Angel used to.


I showed him that the sidewalk belonged to me.


Even all the humans and dogs step aside for me.
Yep.
I'm king of my domain.


Now if only I could get Mom to fall in line.
Unfortunately, her will is strong for a human.

>^.^<


No comments:

Post a Comment